Tuesday, October 20, 2009

So far...


The past couple of months have proved challenging as a prospective journalist about to embark on 'the real world'. However, rather than turning me off the profession, it has highlighted the challenging but integral role Journalists do play within society. I do not think the newspaper is dying - at least not in my career span. I also think the role of the journalist won't be undervalued- at least not in the industry.
The most important thing I will take away from this course is to simply be aware. Most of the issues we have been presented with will not disappear, if anything they will only get more difficult to deal with. This means that as Journalists it is not up to us to change these trends but to achieve quality journalism despite their existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment